I came home from work this evening and the babysitter had put Bee's hair in pigtails. It felt like my little baby grew up a whole year in the course of a workday.
It was just the other day she was a newborn baby with a shock of punky black hair, and, I say this in a whisper, hair on her ears. It wasn't much, just a little fuzz, but it was one of the first things I noticed about her. No one tells you that your newborn baby might have hairy ears. (It disappeared, magically, after a couple of weeks.)
After a few months, the coarse baby hair fell out and was replaced by a downy dandelion puff of little girl hair. It has been slow to grow, creeping down over her eyes around age one and then finally growing long enough to put up in barrettes.
So today it's pigtails--tomorrow it will be an updo for the junior prom.
No comments:
Post a Comment