Thursday, April 2, 2009

Between dusk and twilight

After Bee went to sleep and David came back from one of his seemingly daily trips to the dry cleaners (I don't know what that man does to his clothes) I walked down the street to grab a few things from the grocery store.

We have a reasonably well stocked grocery store a mere two blocks away, and a full service one four blocks away. Between the two is a fruit and vegetable market (although most of the sellers there are cheats so I rarely go) and a bakery. Their proximity is one of the advantages of city living.

It is unusual for me to go out after dinner and I relished walking outside in those few final minutes before sunset. As I headed to the store it was still dusk and the gray buildings were tinged with pink. As I walked home it was twilight, and the street lights flickered on.

Now I am off to watch Dr. Who and eat ice cream.

No comments: