I was trudging up the stairs from the metro tonight and found my dear husband and his faithful dog at the top step waiting for me. He was home early for once, and it was well deserved, since he was at work until 11 pm last night and then had to leave the house again at 5 am in order to bring a vip visitor to the airport.
Last night, Bee and I muddled along by ourselves, doing our best to have fun during "girl's night." We went to the bookstore and visited the new kitten that lives there among the books. I tried to liven up a hodgepodge of leftovers (vegetable soup, cauliflower casserole and peanut butter and jelly) with a cranberry sparkle. The pb&j was a hit with Bee, as was the cranberry sparkle (cranberry juice and club soda). The rest of dinner, not so much. I was asleep before 10 pm.
So coming home tonight to my husband was a real treat. He then proceeded to make us pizza for dinner (from scratch) which completely wins my heart every time. Bee and I ate in our pajamas. Now that she is asleep I am mulling over my evening reading choices and ice cream toppings. Life outside of these four apartment walls is hectic and stressful, but with my family inside, home is a refuge.
No comments:
Post a Comment