Yes indeed, indeedy. So, Miss Bee threw a fit tonight over a trash can full of trash. That was a new one.
My poor child has had the worst cold. She is chapped and scrawny and miserable. My sick Bean-pod has had three days of antibiotics which have taken away her ear infection, but given her hives and made her very temperamental, to say the least.
We have endured days of coughing and sneezing and Bee leaving crumpled Kleenex throughout the house as though she were Gretel venturing off into a dark forest.
In an attempt to corral the tissues, we placed a trashcan at the edge of her bed. This was having a positive effect until tonight. It was trash night in our house and my husband was busily emptying all the cans upstairs. Suddenly I heard screeching coming from Bee's room. "They're mine! They're my tissues. You can't take them out," she cried.
Disbelieving my ears, I hurried to my daughter's room and found her and my husband involved in a fierce game of tug of war over the plastic trash can.
You can guess who won that battle, but I had the harder task of consoling Bee over the thrown out, lost forever, dirty tissues. (It's really hard to do that with a straight face, by the way.) And then I had to make her go apologize for yelling at her father. Over snotty kleenex.
No comments:
Post a Comment