Thursday, June 2, 2011

it really does take a village

It's going to be really hard to move overseas again in a few years. As in, really, really hard.

Just today--

--Seeing my parents in the morning when we park in front of their house to walk to the metro. Cheeks McGoo poured water all over herself in the car, so we run inside my parents' house for a quick change. Cause my Mom has an extra outfit at the ready for just that contingency.

--Exchanging emails with my dear mother in law over my lunch break. She sends me interesting articles to read; I comment.

--My Father-in-law picking up Miss Bee for their Thursday afternoon adventure, spent with Bee's cousin and uncle. This week's activity--baking brownies (with chocolate frosting and walnuts) and then sending a plate of them home to me.

--Eating Carolina barbeque for dinner, brought up from that wonderful southern state by Miss Bee's godparents (who live next door to my parents).

--After dinner, watching my Mom push Miss Cheeks on the swing where I spent many a happy summer evening as a child.

--Coming home to find a bag of bread flour in my front door from my grandmother. (I had been complaining that my local store had stopped carrying any kind of bread flour.)

Watching my girls grow close to their relatives is one of the sweetest gifts I have ever received.

No comments: