Just taking a moment to peek at my very neglected blog. I have no particularly good excuse or explanation for vanishing, I'm-a just a-very tired these days.
There are months when I think I have it all together, and family, work, and life seem to harmonize pretty well.
And then there are months where I feel like I am banging all the piano keys at once. Life in discord. An exquisite cacophony.
I read status updates enviously as my friends go off on vacation, or revel in that sweet space between job assignments. In the morning, I stare, sad-eyed at the carefree tourists navigating downtown D.C.--toting water bottles and metro maps.
However, the ballerinas are the worst of all. Every morning on my way to the office I pass a group of 10-15 teenage ballerinas, clustered at a bus stop, heading off to rehearsals. They wear sweaters over their leotards (in this Washington D.C. humidity)! They are languid; I am rushing. I try to walk gracefully past, swishing by in my wool suit. Answering emails all day doesn't really compare to Giselle and pas de deux though.
There are a few quiet corners in my crazy life-- though, like this past Saturday morning when both girls inexplicably slept past 7 am and I reveled in a few extra hours of sleep--and when I took fat Max running and he actually made it all the way home with me (never mind that part when he lay down in the grass and refused to get up for a good ten minutes)--and when the kiddies were giggling and being cute at the grocery store and then there was NO LINE at checkout. There's good stuff in there, too. I just gotta hold on tight to those little things for a while.
No comments:
Post a Comment