It has been really nice to take a couple days off this week. For once, I'm not staying home because of a sick child, half trying to manage pressing work concerns while dealing with fever or flu.
It's a double edged sword for me, though: Staying home makes me realize just how much needs to be done around the house. Men everywhere may laugh, but home keeping (don't even mention child rearing or I'll cry) is a full time job.
Never mind the cooking and general cleaning--these past few days have been a chance to catch up on all the chores that have been languishing--
I beat back the laundry pile, rotated the girls' wardrobes so they have weather appropriate clothing to wear to school, and ordered fall/winter clothes for Miss Bee because she evidently grew about three feet this year! (I finally broke down and bought poor Cheeks McGoo a sweater so she would have something that wasn't a hand me down from her older sister.)
Sorted through endless paper: artwork, advertisements, statements , magazines, newspapers--I think I could heat my home for the winter on junk mail alone.
Swapping out Miss Bee's book stand with fall books and fall animals. (Okay, not really a serious chore but she gets so excited when I put out her "new" books.)
Having the upstairs carpets professionally cleaned. Because they were filthy.
Having the furnace serviced. (The man who came today ominously told me it was time to have the furnace replaced. Dear husband will be so excited because he loves shopping for that sort of things.)
Baking bread. It's not really a chore, but something that if I could stay home full time--I would do it every day. Cheeks and Bee helped me make bread yesterday and despite a few fraught moments, it was largely a success.
Do I really have to go back to the office tomorrow?
No comments:
Post a Comment