"Nudle" is Bee's attempt at pronouncing "cuddle" and in my early morning grogginess I was more than happy to oblige. I trundled her back to my bed and the two of us curled up and went back to sleep.
David was very exasperated at his two girls lazing in bed on a Monday morning, of all days. He left us sleeping and went to the kitchen and began cooking breakfast. A little while later, I could smell pancakes cooking.
Once breakfast was ready, David came back to the bedroom and rousted us out of bed and we all ate whole wheat apple pancakes and celebrated Max's fifth birthday (a little early this year, since he goes to the kennel tonight for ten days). He had his own pancake with a candle and he sat proudly while we sang "Happy Birthday."
After we sang, Max wasn't sure what to do about the candle, as it impeded his immediate access to the pancake. He started lunging toward it (I think he planned to eat around it) and for a few seconds was in immediate danger of singeing his fur. I blew it out quickly and he ate his treat in a few quick gulps.
It is quiet family mornings like today that sustain me during the hectic work week. The pancakes were an extra bonus.
No comments:
Post a Comment