My husband came home from the market today with a kilo of cherries, strawberries, ripe peaches and apples. We had strawberry milkshakes for dessert and tomorrow I am contemplating making a cherry pie. If only to sing "can she make a cherry pie Billy boy, Billy boy?" while I pit the cherries and roll the dough.
I also have plans to make lemon bread to thank our neighbors who took Bee the other night when I had to make an unscheduled trip to the doctor. No questions asked, they took Bee in, fed her dinner, and put her to bed with their own daughter (who is Bee's best playground friend) until we were able to come back and bring her home.
But we shall see, because I am supposed to be taking it easy. I am not a good patient. I do not like being sick. I feel nothing but guilty when I cannot run and play with my daughter and my poor husband is forced to managed all the cooking, cleaning, dog-walking, and child care. He already does so much. Despite his weekend of drudgery, my hubby made our favorite Friday night pizzas and the aforementioned strawberry milkshakes for dessert. Bee drank hers with three straws.
In every bitter hand we are dealt, there is some undeniable sweetness to discover.
1 comment:
Hope you feel better soon.
All three of us ate almost a kilo or so of cherries yesterday over the course of the day. I love cherry season! Although, cherries + toddler = a great deal of mess. It was worth it.
Post a Comment