Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Books #20-#27

"The Outcast" by Sadie Jones
This book is all about a boy who is antisocial and has violent tendencies. It's a sympathetic read.

"The Invisible Wall" by Harry Bernstein
A memoir so crisp and transporting that it makes you rejoice! A first time author at the age of 96, Bernstein tells the story of his childhood in an English town, and the deep divisions between the Jewish and Christian families resident there.

"The Shack" by William Paul Young
You will cry if you read this book, no doubt about it. However, I'm still not so sold on the author's personification of the Holy Trinity. I did like the ending, though.

Catching up on my Diana Gabaldon with:
"Lord John and the Private Matter," and "Lord John and the Brotherhood of the Blade." My all time favorite series is Gabaldon's "Outlander" saga. Unfortunately, the Lord John mysteries, while interesting, pale in comparision.

And finally, I spent last week reading the last three novels in the Anne of Green Gables series:
"Anne of Ingleside," "Rainbow Valley," and "Rilla of Ingleside," all by L.M. Montgomery. They serve as cheap therapy for when I just want to escape from it all.

No comments: