Thursday, December 31, 2009

A Good Year

It has been a very good year. While there were some very hard months in 2009, looking back, I have so much to be thankful for!

I kept my 2009 resolution and read 50 books--but with the unintended effect of when I met my goal, any reading other than magazines nearly tapered off all together.

My husband and I enjoyed our home life--perfecting the art of homemade pizza and gourmet popcorn and watching every episode of the remake of Dr. Who.

Bee has grown up faster than I ever believed possible--with an impressive vocabulary, fierce love of her family, penchant for all things Disney princess, and a vivid imagination.

My next job assignment will be in Washington, D.C.: our most anticipated posting yet. We bought a house. In a neighborhood I have always loved. We are living in a small town tucked inside larger suburbia. We can walk to the hardware store and Starbucks. I can't think of a better material "thing" to spend my money on than a home for my family.

I got pregnant. We worried whether the baby would stick. I developed a wild craving for spaghetti bolognese. I came home to the United States to deliver. My parents stepped in and took care of Bee and I while Justin and I were apart.

Thanks to the prayers of many people, Baby N stuck it out for 38 weeks and six days and was born completely healthy. The best early Christmas present ever.

I am indeed blessed and lucky. My hope is that 2010 is as wonderful for all my friends and family (especially for all those who are expecting their own little babies) as 2009 was for me.

Happy New Year!

No comments: