Both of my girls are currently napping, a fact which boggles my mind so completely, there is no way that I am going to be able to sleep myself. Miss N sleeps with her arms in the "touchdown!" position, which is just about the cutest thing in the universe aside from her pouty baby mouth.
All the parenting books say "sleep when the baby sleeps" and that is a good idea only if you don't ever want to get anything else done for the rest of your life.
Right now I actually do have the laundry and Christmas present wrapping under control. So while I may not sleep, I have a stack of magazines and a cup of peppermint tea to keep me company for a bit.
It has only been a week, but I have realized that second babies are very different from the first. Miss Bee had me in such a state of utter panic that I think it was almost a year before I started to feel like I really knew what I was doing.
This time around, I know that Baby N will eventually sleep through the night, and grow fat and then mobile, and before I know it, be running and joking and negotiating over dessert. It's really nice to have some perspective.
1 comment:
Thanks for this post. I think we're set with one but one of the major deterrents is how panicked I felt for the first year of Charlotte's life. The thought of doing that again is too overwhelming! But it's nice to know that if there is some surprise it won't be as difficult as I anticipate!
Glad you had a moment to yourself. I could never sleep when Charlotte slept. Merry Christmas to all of you!
Post a Comment