So it is rather embarrassing that it's Saturday night and I am in my pajamas and ready for bed before nine o clock. I have heaps of excuses though:
Miss Cheeks has given me her cold and the massive amounts of antibiotics I am taking for strep have wiped me out. Plus, my two little ones keep me busy; my Dear Husband and I played parent to daughter defense all day.
Did you know that we suspended our Netflix account because we couldn't even manage to watch one movie a month? At home.
Despite my ongoing battle with exhaustion, today was a wonderful Saturday and reminded me of how much I love my little community and my extended family.
This morning, I was walking to the farmer's market with Cheeks when my father-in-law drove by with my niece. We met up among the vegetables and I convinced him to stop by our house for a little while. So the girls had an impromptu cousin party.
Dear Husband was outside mowing the lawn when our neighbor down the street came over in a panic. A chipmunk had gotten loose in the house and could we please help. Hubby tried, but the chipmunk took refuge behind their dishwasher. I believe it had been gravely injured by the family cat.
Later on, my Mom came by to go to Michaels--because there are some stores that my Dear Husband flat out refuses to set foot in and Michaels is one of them. It's no fun to look at craft supplies alone, so I brought Cheeks and Bee and my mother.
Later in the afternoon, I took Bee to the grocery store. While we were there, we ran into my sister-in-law and the aforementioned cousin and had a nice chat in the milk aisle.
Then this evening evening we went over to my in laws for dinner and saw everyone again. I love having a little community to call my own.
No comments:
Post a Comment