So this week has not turned out exactly as I planned, but then, no week ever really does.
I had a sore throat last weekend, which has mostly disappeared, but starting on Tuesday night it suddenly reappeared. By Wednesday evening it felt as though I was swallowing knives. I lay on the floor of Miss Bee's rooms, trying to make her puppets talk, but could only manage a few whispered croaks.
"You're going to Urgent Care," my husband declared. Both he and my mother strong armed me into going to the doctor, and I hate the doctor, but it proved to be a good decision--diagnosis strep throat.
I went to bed Wednesday night with the intention of staying home the following day and focusing on getting well. Then Miss Bee woke up in the night with a fever. I assumed that she had strep too and so the next day my husband took both girls to the pediatrician to be checked out. No strep. Mystery fever. But not a particularly restful day for anyone.
Fortunately, I am feeling much improved after taking a few large doses of amoxicillin. I was back to work today and allowed in the office after assuring my colleagues that I am no longer contagious. Bee's fever vanished as mysteriously as it arrived.
And now Nora has caught her first real cold. She recoils from a proffered Kleenex but loves wiping her nose on my shirt. Repeatedly.
Poor babies.
(All of us!)
No comments:
Post a Comment