I am like a mad scientist in my kitchen tonight: refreshing sourdough starters both plain and rye; mixing up the levain for sourdough pain au chocolat (because I am insanely overambitious about what I'll be able to accomplish tomorrow); soaking seeds for the German rye I hope to make.
This afternoon, while the rest of the family was napping, I went to the library, ostensibly to return a stack of Bee's books, but spent an hour holed in in section 640.8, leafing through cookbooks.
After cleaning up the kitchen and putting away my recently arrived King Arthur Flour order I come upstairs and spend the next thirty minutes looking at pictures of cupcakes on Martha Stewart Living website.
The baking bug--I got it bad. But somehow, where my day job entails striving for a series of mini accomplishments inside a much larger organization, baking bread just seems so much more rewarding. Mix it up, hope it rises without any drama, pop it in the oven, and mission accomplished.
Plus, unlike emails, you can eat it.
No comments:
Post a Comment