Sunday, March 6, 2011

Neither here nor there

Driving to the grocery store this morning, Miss Bee in the backseat, feeling just about as jittery as the rain beating on my windshield.

Bee must have sensed my quiet mood and tenderly called out from the backseat, "Mommy, I love you like the tracks of a train."

Train tracks, you know, go on and on, for as far as the eye can see.

I found myself blinking back tears.

Later, driving home with a trunk full of groceries, a car passed me with a bumper sticker that said, "The best things in life aren't things."

I felt as though the universe had seized me by the scruff of the neck and given me a good shake.

I can just imagine someone up in heaven must have said said, "All right angels, so, this particular human is rather slow so we're going to have to spell it out for her:

You're home, you're safe, you're with your family. Let them love you and it's going to get better."

Yes.

1 comment:

Lori said...

So sweet. I hope things start getting back to normal for you very soon.