It had been a bad morning. During breakfast, Cheeks McGoo smeared yogurt in my hair.
(Thanks, baby!)
Then, Miss Bee had a fit about her tights. Or as she termed them: "TIIIIIIGGGGGHHHHTS!!!!!" (The problem: she felt that they were too tight. Which I believe is an oxymoron of sorts.)
It was a very long, but surprisingly good day.
I got home just after 9:45 pm and took the dog for a quick walk in the rain. Poor Max. He was very ready to go out and do his thing, but thankfully just as ready to run back in.
(The fact that I have a Labrador retriever who is slightly afraid of water is a whole other issue.)
I spent a few minutes answering emails on my blackberry and then went to kiss my sleeping daughters goodnight.
Miss Bee was curled up under a mountain of covers, her favorite sock monkey perched on her pillow, standing watch against "things that might come out from under the bed." During the day Miss Bee is constantly in motion. At night, she is as still as one of Botticelli's angels. Cheeks McGoo, on the other hand, sleeps wildly, sprawled on her stomach, hair mussed in a halo around her head. I sang them lullabies they did not hear, so deep was their sleep. I whispered all the things a mama says, then went to bed myself.
My love for them is profound.
No comments:
Post a Comment