Tuesday, May 24, 2011

tuesday bluesday

It's after 9 pm and I'm still in my work clothes. I'm wrung out from a long day at work and two little girls who did not go quietly to bed tonight.

There are gardening gloves on the floor of my living room. I'm not quite sure why, but think that Cheeks deposited them there earlier in the evening. The washing machine is full of wet clothes that need to be switched to the dryer.

The gloves can stay where they are. The laundry will wait.

I have been hiding out on my little balcony, watching the very last rays of sun slip below the horizon. Swatting away the first mosquitoes of the season. Watching the cars drive down my street, their headlights ribbons of light on the pavement. Just doing nothing for a little while. A little nothing is some of the best medicine.

No comments: