This weekend we celebrated Epiphany. Miss Bee was so excited to sing "We Three Kings" at church this morning and follow along in her eponymous book.
We had pumpkin soup for dinner and Irish brown bread and I baked an almond galette for a special dessert.
While dear husband finished the soup, the girls made paper crowns in honor of those intrepid kings. I was feeling very domestic and happily sat with them as they decorated their crowns with minimal squabbling.
Dinner was less successful. Both the girls wanted to wear their crowns while they ate. Miss Bee's crown was too small for her head, and so she ate with one hand on her head and the other clutching her soup spoon. Cheeks' crown was too big, and it kept slipping down over her eyes and falling off, which caused a considerable amount of drama.
Cheeks refused to nap this afternoon and so was overtired at dinner. She refused the soup, ignored the bread, and pretty much just ate grapes. We put her to bed before dessert. Miss Bee, on the other hand, had seconds of everything.
Despite this evening's mixed success, I hope 2012 can be a year where we bring faith home to the girls. Whether it's celebrating a feast day, praying as a family, or just encouraging kindness, I hope that this year we can walk alongside those three wise men.
No comments:
Post a Comment