Sunday, January 1, 2012

Wishing you a sweet 2012

My much labored over Buche du Noel from Christmas Eve with "12 Days of Christmas" peperkakor cookies, sugar cookies, spritz cookies, with a set of french macarons thrown in for good measure.  Oh, and some chocolate fudge and chocolate covered vanilla cardamom cakes to finish everyone off.  Let's just say I find baking to be cheaper than therapy. 
I'm not particularly good at making or keeping resolutions.  Year before last I resolved to try 50 new recipes. I think I made it somewhere into the high thirties before I stopped keeping track.  Another year I resolved to learn to bake bread, and succeeded at that, much to my family's great happiness.  I also once decided to read 50 books within a year, which was less of a resolution and more of a pleasure.

I haven't decided what I will resolve to do this year, but 2012 brings a lot of excitement all on its own: I am looking forward to meeting two new nieces/nephews before winter is done.  In the spring, we are heading off on a long-anticipated Disney cruise.  In the summer, I'll switch to a new position at work. Bee will start kindergarten in the fall. This boggles my mind.  And in December, Dear Husband and I will be married a full decade.

I'm looking forward to this year's adventures, praying for strength to meet the challenges, and am optimistic that, if nothing else, there is a very high likelihood that Cheeks will be potty-trained before the year is done.  Praise the Lord!

Wishing you all a very happy New Year.





No comments: