Less than a week until we go back to Romania, which would really be just fine if it were not for the fact that we have to fly about a dozen hours to get there. With a three year old and an 8 week old. Oh, the lugging of luggage! Oh the sardines in a can feeling of togetherness! Oh the potential for screaming! Thinking of flying back just fills me with yuck.
So I am half in denial and half frantic to shop at all my favorite stores and eat all my favorite foods before we return to Eastern Europe. I was at two bookstores today buying books for Bee, which is ridiculous, considering we have a small library of them in our apartment. And don't get me started on the quantity of art supplies I have purchased. If anything, going back to Romania will give my Amex card a break.
There is less to do in Bucharest (by that I mean less places to take two small children), but that will allow me to focus on my family. I am determined to make these upcoming three months at home with my girls enjoyable and memorable. Bake bread. Play dolls. I am looking forward to life in the slow lane.
No comments:
Post a Comment