Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Lazy

Miss Bee is still in her pajamas, reading books in bed. I have felt her forehead, inquired as to whether her stomach or throat hurts--all seems to be well. I think the child is just tired. She seems irritated that I am checking her her every five minutes, but after the "exploring the medicine cabinet" incident, I cannot help but worry whenever she does something out of the ordinary.

Babycakes, on the other hand, is turning into a child of routine. She naps from 8 am to 9 am--precisely--not a minute longer. This morning, when I left her on her play mat a moment too close to 8 am, she didn't cry, but instead closed her eyes with a resigned expression, as if to say, "Fine, I'll just sleep here then."

Miss Bee has thankfully roused herself and has gotten dressed for the day. She is now back to normal morning activities--playing Mommy to her stuffed animal menagerie and is busily "ironing" her dolly clothes. I have a nice big laundry pile of my own to tackle.

I think I am becoming a slave to my routine; thank goodness my sister is coming to visit tomorrow!

No comments: