Ohhhh I had a magical 30 minutes to myself this afternoon. Both of my girls were sleeping. I could have baked brownies, watched the birds visit the feeder, or read up on how not to kill my tomato plant. But nooooo.
Instead, I squandered my time drooling over (ridiculously expensive) Danish bicycles and tricycles online. And I don't even usually ride a bicycle! But it was something about the bicycle basket and idea of riding (slowly) around town on some pithy errand that just sucked me in. It was a two wheeled fantasy of sorts. Then the children woke up.
I recounted this story to my mother at dinner tonight: ". . . And when I finally had time to myself, I didn't do anything," I despaired. She just laughed. I suspect she knows the feeling.
So I haven't had time to post much here because I have my hands full with the girls. God bless all single parents everywhere. I am really looking forward to my dear husband's arrival in the U.S., even though it means I will have to go back to work.
I really am lucky, to have had these seven months away from the whole 9 to 5 (except in my case it's liable to be 8 to 6). But my new office has been a callin' and telling me about my office phone number and my blackberry and how they are looking forward to seeing me bright and early June 2. My domestic fantasy is rapidly coming to an end.
I still have two more weeks at home, which I am sure will speed quickly by--and hopefully I will have the chance to recount a few little stories here--adventures from flying home--our slightly disastrous trip to the zoo--our wonderful little stay at home routine. We'll see . . . we'll see whether I can manage to tear myself away from the bicycles!
No comments:
Post a Comment