We had dinner at my parents' house tonight. My father grilled filet mignon. It was an impromptu celebration. Cheeks McGoo loved the roasted potatoes. Bee mostly ate sour cream but declared her "chicken" very tasty. The poor meat-deprived child. Good food, good company, but the greatest gift for two full time working parents--no dirty dishes at our house.
I have been making a big effort to get Bee ready for bed at her bedtime and break the habit of rushing through teeth brushing and story time. I had gotten into the habit of hurrying Bee off to bed, mostly because during the summer she tended to stay up a little too late. Now that I am working and not usually arriving home until after 6 pm, I have a very small sliver of time with Miss Bee. We need to spend more time together snuggling on the couch, not less.
While her big sister is a champion sleeper, Cheeks McGoo is a decided underachiever. We have been working her bedtime routine this week. Infants can keep their own crazy hours but big babies, ones that are almost nine months, well I just feel that they should be sleeping a little bit more. You know, like through the night. And not in my bed. It's not going well, mostly because I know that Cheeks spends the day crying at daycare and I cannot bear to cause her anymore trauma. My Baby has the most delightful, sparkling personality. It should be impossible to love her as much as I do. But boy oh boy she is loud when things aren't going her way.
Right now, though, both of the little ones are sleeping and I had a chance to bake bread. (I will post soon on how it is possible to bake sourdough bread while working full time. It is possible) The whole house smells delicious. Tomorrow morning I will toast a huge piece for breakfast and thank my lucky stars that it's Friday, and a three day weekend.
1 comment:
My sympathies. I also have a sleep underachiever. I do not have to go to work in the morning. I have no idea how you do it. I hope she gets it down soon--for both of you!
Post a Comment