Sunday, September 19, 2010

No whining

I cannot even venture a guess as to how many times a day I remind Miss Bee of the above. Whhyyyy is three going on four such a tough age? One minute, my darling firstborn is little miss helpful, baking cookies and helping me walk the dog. Two minutes later, it's meltdown central. I can understand whining on the weeknights--the poor child has to behave at daycare all day, and that's a lot to ask. But whining on the weekends? Come on! There's too much to do, no time for drama.

On Friday afternoon I finally got around to sorting through the nice pile of mail that had accumulated in my entryway. I found a small envelope addressed to me that surprisingly didn't look like junk mail. I opened it up and found a cork inside. Puzzled, I took a closer look. The cork had a web address and it took me here. My little cousin, who is not so little anymore, in fact he is quite grown up, is starting out in the wine business. And his wine, unlike whining, is fantastic.

No comments: