Thursday, March 24, 2011

Friday Vacation

I am very good at cleaning the house, organizing my daughters' toys, and matching socks. Taking care of myself, not so much.

Earlier this week, I received an email from a colleague with a gentle admonishment to take some time off. I didn't reply.

But then I finally slowed down for long enough this morning to realize that he was right; I very much need a break. This past month has been more difficult than I care to admit.

I'm not sick, none of my daughters need to go to the doctor, there are no repairmen (that I know of) coming to my house, no trees have fallen into our backyard.

I just need a day to do nothing.

So tomorrow, nothing is on the agenda.

Tomorrow is my day to play dolls with Miss Bee and read board books with Cheeks McGoo. To walk to the library. To make peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for lunch and bake cookies for teatime.

There is no reason to stay home tomorrow other than the fact that I think it would be a good thing for me right now. But maybe that's the best reason of all.

(Thank you A.P.)

1 comment:

Janet said...

I hope you had a great day off and some well needed rest.