Anyway, I always love going to Ikea, even though entire villages of people are usually there and Bee goes quite wild with her own child sized shopping cart. We bought a bunch of stuff, more than we intended to purchase, including a set of star shaped Christmas lights that will look very pretty hanging in the front window at Christmas time.
We came back from our vacation with an entire suitcase filled with new toys and books, wonderful presents given to Bee for her birthday by family and friends. She loves her new dolls and containers of Play-doh. She was happy to come home to her play kitchen filled with realistic wooden food. However, despite the embarrassing multitude of toy options available, at the moment, my little Princess only wants to play one game: "x-ray-der."
Evidently the x-ray machine at the airport left a mighty impression on Miss Bee. She now aspires to work for the transportation authority. When I realized that she was using our coffee table as an x-ray machine, I put a cardboard box, empty at both ends, on top for more x-ray realism. She loves passing her shoes and teddy bear through the box and pretending she's at the airport.
Last night, after Bee had gone to sleep, I folded up the box and stowed it behind a piece of furniture. First thing this morning, Bee frantically asked as to where the x-ray-der had gone. I set it up again, and from her excitement you would have thought I had just given her the best present ever.
So, when we have visitors to our apartment, we will just lie and say that decorating our living room with cardboard is something we saw in Better Homes and Gardens. It's the latest ec0-innovation. It's proof of my sweet daughter's vivid imagination. It's the cheapest damn toy I never bought.
No comments:
Post a Comment