Waking up and not having to go to work is always such a pleasure. Not that I was pleased when Bee started hollering that it was "morning time" at 5:20 am. We pulled out her book basket and sent her to her room to read by herself for a while. This worked splendidly until about 6 am when she came roaring back into our bedrooms, ready to start the day.
And why not? I have never been a morning person, but always manage to feel very accomplished whenever I get up early on the weekends and get things done. While Bee was busy playing "grocery store," We baked some fresh cinnamon rolls. We made them from scratch about a month ago, but it made so many that we froze half of them unbaked. All we had to do was let them defrost in the fridge overnight, and then pop them in the oven.
I took Max for a walk, was followed by a pair of very disreputable young men until they realized that I knew that they were following me. I made a beeline for the American Ambassador's residence and the guards that stand post out front. They declined to follow. It is a real shame that my neighborhood, which is very nice for Bucharest, is becoming less safe.
While I was out, my dear husband scrubbed Her Royal Highness's car seat for any last traces of last weekend's unfortunate carsickness adventure. After I returned, he took the car to be washed and vacuumed and got his hair cut. I did a couple loads of laundry and spent a lot of time playing "doctor" with Bee, and had all my toes bandaged. Fortunately, my role as a patient meant that I just had to lie on the couch and by then, I was tired.
Later on we went to the farmer's market and then to the mall and drank Starbucks and then I had the delight of 15 minutes of solo uninterrupted window shopping while Bee and her father sat by the fountain in the atrium. I will admit, I was fingering all those tiny newborn clothes.
Back at home, we had lunch and fought over every slice of the leftover pizza from last night's dinner. Then I fought with Bee about taking her nap, but guess what? I won. She is asleep. My husband is asleep. And right now, I have nothing to do but contemplate the rest of my busy day: make stock for soup, make soup, make bread, go to a party tonight. I love it. I love Saturday.
No comments:
Post a Comment