Saturday, September 19, 2009

Truant

This morning, I am skipping church. My sweet husband and Ms. Bee are dutifully making their way the four blocks, while I am still in my pajamas, curled up, or given my current condition you might say wedged, into an easy chair.

I went to bed early last night, because I was feeling very pregnant, and slept in (although that is a relative term) until the deliciously ungodly hour of 7:45 am. I am not being sarcastic, that is nearly two hours of extra, delicious, much needed sleep.

When my daugher finally came in to wake me up--and she did it very nicely except she switched her instructions from "Go give Mommy kisses and then turn the lights on," to "Turn the lights on in all their blazing glory and then jump on Mommy and give her affectionate kisses"--it was almost time to leave. Bee put her arms around me and very sweetly said, "I love you Mommy; you're a little bit smelly." I was thus excused.

So now I am eating cinnamon toast with cream cheese and having fruit tea, and contemplating the day ahead. It's cold outside today; autumn has finally arrived. While I may not be sitting on a pew this morning, I most certainly am counting my blessings.

No comments: