Saturday, September 12, 2009

Sunrise


Sometimes, I think that it is impossible to know how wrong things were until they start to go right again. I have had a few days to recover from all the excitement of having guests and traveling around the country. We have gotten back into our family routine.

When I think back to two months ago, which were so fraught with worry, I realize that I have spent much of the summer in a haze. A funk. A depression. A worry. I don't know what is the right word is for it, exactly, but maybe a better way to put it is that I have been focused completely inward, which is not, on the whole, a very healthy way to be.

Something happened on Friday. The veil lifted. I began to feel, for the first time in a long time, much more like myself. Or at least someone a bit happier than before. Maybe it is the excitement of potentially buying a house. Or just that fall has come. Or that I will be headed home soon. Or that with every passing week, my little kicker is getting bigger. Whatever it is/it was/will be, I think I'll just enjoy right now for a little while.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This makes me happy. Glad you are feeling better.

Once you guys are home hopefully we can meet up on one of our visits.

PLPProductions said...

that would be great! i would love to meet C. :)