Friday, May 14, 2010

Yo Ho

The majority of all my worldly possessions are currently stacked on a medium sized container ship with the not so very inspiring name of "Jean Pierre". Ooh, la, la.

Jean Pierre is a Turkish ship with a French name, and I imagine the sailors on board must smoke a lot of cigarettes and drink a lot of espresso. Maybe while wearing berets. Or a fez (fezzes?).

No, I would much rather prefer that my 6,000 pounds of kitchenware, bridesmaid dresses, anguished teenage journals, and family photographs travel on board a ship that sounds a wee bit more intimidating. You know, like "Rambo" or "Wave Crusher." Something to scare the pirates away.

Jean Pierre is currently chugging through the Mediterranean and just passed by the coast of Sicily. Thanks to the glory of the internet, you can watch him travel in real time here.

The funny thing is, most of my stuff is just that--stuff. Clutter. Tsotchkes. There are very few things I would really miss. Maybe my collection of nativity sets from around the world. My husband would miss his Legos collectibles. Bee would miss her toys and stuffed animals. But really, other than those few things, I think we could start fresh.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Abra shared your blog with me as I'd mentioned perhaps I'll start a blog. We're moving to England for my husband's job and preparing to have all our stuffed packed into a container on a ship. Yes, lots of stuff around here, and each item requiring a decision. Keep it? Store it? Move it?

Wonder if I'll be able to track the ship...sounds like fun. Good luck with your return to work.