So if anyone else needs an excuse, I have officially declared today backwards day:
It is raining and gray outside and I have been stuck in the house with the girls. In between diaper changes for Cheeks and playing "Romanian princess" with Bee I have been reading endless news articles about what the volcano in Iceland may or may not be doing, and which planes may or may not be flying.
I still have no idea if I should be packing to leave on Thursday. Should I prepare myself to say goodbye to my life for the past two years (and my husband for a month) or should I prepare for another evening watching Netflix on my computer? Who knows!
By 3 pm I had had enough. I shut off my computer and spent the afternoon making kitchen volcanoes with Bee. (Gotta love good old fashioned baking soda and vinegar.) Then we had an indoor picnic with imaginary tea and plenty of real tea biscuits.
Now my husband is home and is supervising while Bee goes swimming in the bathtub. We are wearing our pajamas and making pancakes and eggs for dinner tonight. Breakfast for dinner. And tonight I am going to read a favorite novel and drink a nice glass of port wine. No more thinking about airplanes.
No comments:
Post a Comment