Some people celebrate 100 posts, or the anniversary of starting a blog, but I haven't ever really kept track of that sort of things. There are some months when I am bursting with things to write about, and whole seasons when life gets in the way. However, I just noticed though that this post is post number 365. Woohoo! Happy "as many blogs as there are days in the year" to me!
I'm a bit slow it seems, as my 365 posts are spread over the course of three years. The blogs that I like to read on a daily basis are updated frequently, Pioneer Woman seems to have new photos up every day. Smitten Kitchen tries out several new recipes each week.
There is an interesting article on Slate.com about Mormon mommy bloggers and why so many non-Mormons (including myself) like to read them. Indeed, several of the blogs I read regularly--Nienie Diaries and Reagan's Blob, are Mormon, but really also enjoy two Catholic authors--Sister Mary Martha and By Sun and Candlelight. Two of my very favorite blogs, littlebrownpen and The Wednesday Chef, espouse no religion at all. Some of the above blogs are super popular, others have a smaller readership, but all have a strong narrative voice that opens a window into another life. They keep me coming back. Which I hope you'll continue to do here as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment