
It's a good thing I have a forgiving husband. One of the little pleasures of my day is receiving an email from zulily.com. It's a daily sale with deeply discounted children's clothes, shoes and toys. They also occasionally sell art for children's rooms, stationery, car seats, and strollers. Usually I take a quick look and then hit delete. But not yesterday . . .
I wanted a new stroller when Cheeks McGoo was born. I really did. I wanted a certain Quinny Buzz 4 stroller. But it was too expensive. Plus, I already had a stroller--a Quinny Speedi. I bought it before Bee was born and can you believe that I practiced pushing it around my apartment? (Note to future parents, you don't need to practice pushing the stroller, it generally comes naturally). That same stroller has lasted for 4 years, three countries and it still works fine, just a bit battered from being gate checked before numerous transatlantic flights.
So, The Speedi is great, but it's built like a tank. I tried commuting to work with Cheeks in it exactly once and immediately realized it's too big for the metro, especially with the crowds. It's built for navigating the wild streets of Eastern Europe. I have been carrying Cheeks in the Ergo, but we would both like a little personal space when we are feeling grumpy on the evening metro ride home. So I need to start taking her in a stroller again.
Well, would you believe that yesterday the exact stroller that I wanted was on sale on zulily.com at 50% off? It was still way too expensive, but only half as expensive as a full price one. Is that a good argument? Probably not. Like I said, it's a good thing my husband is understanding.
Regardless, I think I might have exhausted all my impulse buying credits for 2011. I cannot wait to to bundle up Cheeks and take her for a ride, though.
1 comment:
What a deal! I hope both of you enjoy it.
Post a Comment