Tuesday, January 4, 2011

And a Happy New Year

Ohhh Christmas is over. So is my vacation. All the decorations have been put away except for my Lladro creche (which I would leave out year round if I didn't fear it would meet with a toddler/preschooler mishap). There are a few stray candy canes and a freezer full of Christmas chocolates.

I have been thinking a lot about this time last year, when I had a new baby who nursed constantly, and endured wild hourly hormone swings (my poor dear husband).

Last January sleep was elusive, Miss Bee was far less self sufficient than she is now, and I felt strongly that sweatpants were the perfect wardrobe choice. Now the kids go to bed at the same time each night (sweet miracle of miracles), Miss Bee can write her letters, and I have even more wonderful pairs of sweatpants. Unfortunately they aren't really de rigueur at my workplace and so I forced to wear skirts and suit pants.

This year, I haven't made any resolutions. I don't have any wild ambitions. All I want is for my family to stay healthy and for Cheeks to stop waking up at 4 am every blessed morning. I officially declare 2011 the year of the homebody.

No comments: