For this dish you start by mixing a pie crust with lots of butter and sour cream. While the crust is chilling you shred 6 cups of winter vegetables. We used leeks, carrots, turnips, cabbage and parsnips. (I don't know that I would attempt this much shredding without a food processor.)
Then you cook the vegetables in more butter on very high heat. You mix in cooked rice and cheese and then assemble the pie and weave a lattice top. Brush the whole assembled pie with an egg wash and that pie dough will puff and flake like crazy.
Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes and you have the perfect winter comfort food. Clearly the Finns have experience with this sort of thing.
Want to make it? I'm too lazy to write the whole recipe out but I think this link will take you to the recipe.
No comments:
Post a Comment