Miss Bee wears her heart on her sleeve. It's hard to be four years old.
Tonight Miss Bee's stuffed rabbit went missing. The child has an entire menagerie of stuffed animals and no particular favorites. She rotates through which ones sleep on her bed, so it makes it difficult to keep track of which animals need to be where. I need to start a spreadsheet.
S-o, I finally had Miss Bee all tucked up bed with her stuffed mouse and her big bear, when, with wide eyes and a panicked voice she says, "WHERE IS MY RABBIT?"
I called in for reinforcements and set my husband to searching under the bed. He had to dig through a vast field of dirty tissues (so that's where she puts them!) and I could tell he really wanted to say a few dirty words as he gathered those up. I had headed back to the playroom to see if Rabbit had been abandoned there when I heard him call, "Found it!"
Phew.
There was a brief moment of silence, but then the unmistakable snuffle/wail of Miss Bee. Exasperated, I stomped back into her bedroom and asked, "What's wrong?"
"THAT IS THE WRONG RABBIT" she cried.
My poor dear husband indignantly replied, "You mean there's more than one?"
Finally, after much additional searching, I located the right rabbit, as opposed to, you know, the wrong rabbit, tucked her back up in bed, closed the door and said a little prayer that there will be no more drama--at least until the morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment