Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Good to be

home.  

After a long and difficult day at work, David and I were so happy to come home to our smiling daughter, who greeted us by proudly singing Christmas carols to us in a wild Eastern European language.

"Come on, Mommy, sing!" she ordered.

I mumbled along with her.  There is nothing more confusing than a toddler singing a foreign song in a foreign language. 

Fortunately, after a minute or so of pretending to know the words, I was able to switch her over to a lively rendition of We Three Kings.  That's a carol with oomph.  It's Bee's favorite, mainly because she can act out the verses with her wooden creche.  

I can't remember ever enjoying the Christmas season more, at least not since I was a little child myself.  Seeing the brilliance in Bee's eyes as she reads a nativity story or describes how Santa will bring her presents Christmas morning is precious indeed.

No comments: