Thursday, January 1, 2009

The couch is my castle

Oh, glorious laziness!

David and I took turns sleeping in this morning. He got up with Bee at 7 am and they went and had breakfast and made their usual mess in the living room.  David woke me up around 9:30. With our bed still warm, he jumped back in and slept until almost noon.  

We played with Bee, ate some lunch and now Bee and my sister are both napping. David is happily playing video games, with Max asleep at his side. I have been ensconced on the couch with my fuzzy cashmere blanket reading a stack of magazines, eating caramel popcorn and mulling over which kind of tea I will brew in a bit. 

We have nothing planned for the rest of today, save more of the same and making pizza.  Tomorrow is a holiday, the quite literally named "day after New Years" holiday.   

It is going to be a real shock when, next week, I have to go back to actually working. For now though, I am relishing my four day weekend.

No comments: