Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The Year of the Book

One resolution of mine for 2009 is to read more.  

I love reading, but must admit that I too often succumb to trashy lifestyle magazines and the lure of mindless internet browsing.  However, cooking blogs and celebrity fashions are not enough. They do not feed the soul like literature--deftly researched non fiction--or even a rollicking romance novel.  Pages. Chapters. Plots. Being surprised. Savoring every page.

I initially resolved that I would try to read 100 books this year, but after calculating that meant an average of two books per week, I have since halved that number.  100 books might have been possible before having Bee but it is doubly impossible now that I am a parent and don't have regular access to an English language library.  

So 50 books it is.  That still seems like a lot.   

Care to join me?

No comments: