David went to church on behalf of the family tonight. I was stuck at work, and while Bee would have loved going (all that holy water to practice making the sign of the cross with) there wasn't enough time for him to swing by our apartment and liberate Bee from her babysitter before Mass.
David arrived home around 6 pm. Bee and I were waiting to inform him that we were not cooking dinner tonight, but picking up a pizza instead. A fasting pizza. The dog still needed to go for his nightly walk, I had brought home a stack of work so I could actually come home, and I still had to bake chocolate cupcakes for book club. Lenten cupcakes?
I am not feeling like a very good Catholic. The rigors of daily life too easily get in the way of religion, when it should be the other way around. Fortunately, with Lent, it seems like we are being asked to reflect on that very conundrum.
No comments:
Post a Comment