I guess time slips by when you're busy doing other things like dancing with your daughter:
This man is such a good husband and father. I will spare you the details because in the telling I would either only embarrass him or myself. It's only fitting then, that David's birthday is a holiday in Romania: Martisor. The Romanians celebrate the first of march by buying baubles tied with a red and white string. It celebrates the new year, the promise of winter's end, and evokes ancient Rome's celebration of Martius.
Here are some of the Martisors for sale at the eponymous festival we attended yesterday.
It seems that the charms have been doing their work on the weather. It is markedly warmer outside and the sun even shone for a few hours yesterday. So today we are celebrating the promise of spring and a new decade for David.
No comments:
Post a Comment