Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Crossaints, the Eiffel tower and really cool clothes

Just when winter is at its nadir and I have lost hope of ever seeing the sun again, a friend throws a bolt of lightning my way that makes my bleak February positively sparkle.

"Let's meet up in Paris," she says in a email to me and a number of other girlfriends scattered throughout Europe.

My friend goes on to propose a ladies weekend, filled with window shopping, eating, gabbing, and getting away from the grind of everyday life.

The rsvps fly fast and furious over email. Everyone thinks this is a wonderful idea. Winter has a grip on all of us.

When I ask David, he tells me I should go.

And then I realize I have enough American Express points to pay for my flight.

So, this evening has been spent in a swirl of gratefulness. A weekend in Paris!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I. AM. SO. JEALOUS.