In the almost three weeks since Baby N's arrival, I have only managed to accomplish two things on a regular basis: feeding the baby and laundry. The former is my main job at the moment, and I have taken on the latter out of pure necessity. These jobs, while insignificant, are of vital importance in my own life. So I nurse N, sort the lights from darks, fold shirts and match socks, and repeat.
So I felt very productive today when my husband and I filled our calendar with appointments for January--a variety of doctor, dentist, day care, and passport related activities. While we didn't actually get anything done, we now have the intention to, you see.
You can imagine my wild excitement then when both girls were napping *at the same time* this afternoon and I went by myself to the library, Starbucks, and CVS.
It was a very nice little walk, the sun was shining, and that hour to myself was just the thing I needed to remember that I'm still me.
No comments:
Post a Comment