Sunday, January 16, 2011

Makes me wonder

I have been taking advantage of the long weekend to get my home life in order. That means I picked up the clutter, washed the clothes, cleaned the house and baked the bread.

Anyone who has children will know that toys have an tendency to creep out of their allotted containers and drawers and spread themselves around like butter on toast. In other words, everywhere.

I have been trying to convince Miss Bee to explain to me why I found her winter hat filled with her alphabet puzzle hidden in the corner of her room, but she won't talk.

For one brief shining day (tomorrow) my house will be the way I like it. Once we start back to work, the school papers and mail and shoes and coats will overwhelm the entry way; the laundry pile will grow perilously tall; and the dust bunnies will dance all over my parquet.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Beautifully said. I can picture the dust bunnies on their way to the "hop."