First, my computer hard drive filled up. My once perky laptop is wheezing like a sick old man. This is not good because we are definitely not getting new computers this year. I ordered an external hard drive for some extra storage. It arrived today, but unfortunately my laptop does not provide enough power through the USB cord to make it go. The helpful Indian customer service representative is sending us a cord that plugs into two USB outlets for an added power boost. Hopefully that will help.
Next, the washing machine stopped spinning, leaving me with soapy sodden clothing. My current solution, until we can have a maintenance person look at it, is to not wash anything and ignore the growing laundry pile.
Then, I came home tonight and discovered that Max had scalped Bee's rag doll, the one I bought for her in Latvia. Her yellow yarn hair appears to have been ripped off in one enthusiastic bite, leaving her completely bald. Fortunately, she was not decapitated. David called the doll a cancer patient so many times I was about to smack him, all the while reassuring my very concerned daughter that we will find a way to fix her dolly's baldness. Next project for me: learn how to sew on yarn hair. Baiba, that's the doll's name, is wearing a headscarf in the meantime and looks very despondent.
The good parts of my day: eating really good soup by candlelight and making a blueberry cake with the last of the blueberries. David called it a giant blueberry muffin cake, and I can see his point, but the cake was more work than muffins so I would prefer a little more credit than that.
I am cutting my losses and going to bed. Hopefully nothing will go bust in the night.
No comments:
Post a Comment