I opened all the windows and patio doors and have been enjoying the cooler weather. It has started to rain outside, a tentative drizzle after over a month of mostly drought. The cooler air and first autumn leaves are signs that fall is around the corner.
Bee needs a new winter coat this year and I found the perfect one at Lands End. I have ordered her winter gear there every year. They actually make warm clothing for cold weather, as opposed to some designer jacket with a thin, merely decorative, fleece lining.
Our Bee spent her earliest months in a Latvian winter. Her nanny took her out walking, every day, for at least two hours, regardless of the weather. We drew the line at going out when the temperature was below 20 degrees F. Last winter, her daycare class played outside every day. Kids cannot hole up indoors all winter. The wilds of Eastern Europe are no different. We are out walking rain, snow, or shine. I like the purple jacket here, especially for its versatility.
No comments:
Post a Comment