Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Essentials

This will be brief as my computer is undergoing a heart transplant right now. My new auxiliary hard drive finally works with the double USB cords (it didn't draw enough power to run it off my laptop before).  I am making a backup copy of my computer and then will be moving a ton of video off, so that I can free up enough space to hopefully make it run normally again. 

It has been raining almost all day and as I was splashing to the market after work this evening I was thanking my lucky stars that I had worn my Dansko clogs.  They are truly a case of "function over form", but despite their less than aesthetic appearance, Dansko has made the perfect shoe for wading across flooded sidewalks and over rain-filled potholes. Plus, I can walk really, really fast in them. I got my loaf of bread home before it became soggy.  

At home, we all ate chicken (hear that, Mom, we ate meat!) soup that our babysitter prepared for us.  It was an easy dinner, and now there is nothing left to do tonight but hope my computer gains new life and fall asleep listening to the rain.


No comments: