I went back to bed after David left for work and slept until almost 11, which is quite a record for me. I think it has been about three years since I have slept that late.
I woke up and was doing a pretty good job hiding out in my room, but came out in search of food about 30 minutes too early. Bee likes her babysitter but she loves me and it was "all Mama time" once she remembered that I was still at home and not at work.
Putting her down for her nap was a nightmare. I can put her down for a nap. The babysitter can put her down for a nap. However, evidently the combination of the two of us there was not working routine-wise. Two hours later. . .
Poor Bee. I think she is getting sick too. How can she not? I have been washing my hands and trying not to kiss her but still, we're inevitably in close contact.
So being at home and having a whole day, or most of a day, to myself sounds really nice in theory, and it was, but now I am wishing David home. It's too weird being here with the babysitter here. I am not a good patient.
This morning, I was able to pull myself back into a deep sleep by concentrating very closely on my memory of the beach house that my parents have rented for us a couple times in the Outer Banks, NC. It was a delicious daydream, thinking about the salty air, slightly worn beach house, and early sunrise runs on the beach with Max and Bee in her jogging stroller. The wonderful feeling of being on vacation and being free to relax. Going bargain hunting at the outlets with my Mom and my sister. Eating fried seafood anything. It's so nice to escape from the reality of being sick, Eastern Europe and the weekly grind, for a time.
No comments:
Post a Comment