Thursday, September 18, 2008

Cooking essentials

David and I collect kitchen gadgets, the more ridiculous and useless, the better. I read every Williams Sonoma catalog from cover to covert.  I could spend hours browsing at Sur La Table. I love cookbooks, cooking magazines, baking blogs, and anything to do with fresh, seasonal ingredients.  Cooking is not only a hobby, it is also a nexus of family bonding, and a means for entertaining friends.

One of the most used items in our kitchen is our set of Le Creuset silicone prep bowls.  We use them for measuring ingredients, during meal preparation, and as snack bowls for Bee.  They are easy to clean and a their bright colors are a cheerful addition to my kitchen.  

Almost every night, I fill the largest bowl (1 cup measure) with frozen yogurt or vanilla ice cream for dessert. It provides perfect portion control, which means I can load up the ice cream with extra toppings!

No comments: